Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Off Day

Well it's kind of a cop out day. I was thinking of going for a run this evening (as opposed to my usual morning routine) but my bf convinced me to take an off day since I keep managing to strain a muscle here and there. Also insisted that doing my ab exercises (which I do every other day) and yoga does not count as an off day. If an off day is defined as doing absolutely nothing, then I haven't had one since July 7. Whoops. I know rest days are important, but my logic was that on days without cardio, I can still work on other muscles.

I look forward to working out. I think about it. I love the endorphins at the end of the workout. I like the way it makes me feel. I like feeling stronger and seeing improvement.

AskMen posted Top 10 pre-workout foods. My friend suggested oatmeal which is also on that list. So I'll try out yogurt, banana, or oatmeal and see how my body likes it.

Here are two youtube videos of people's experience with P90x and Insanity. I know I don't need to lose weight like they did. But I find their dedication really motivating. I also like this:

"When I was overweight, I would workout for 10 minutes a day for two weeks and worked my way up. In a lifestyle change towards healthy living there is no rush- just a better mind. That will take you further than any diet." - Shaun T.






No comments:

Post a Comment