Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 8 Insanity Workout Whoops

Day 8 Insanity involves Pure Cardio. The plus side for the 2nd week is that I know what to anticipate. Except I couldn't remember what this dvd entailed. All the squats and jumps blur together for me. But as soon as Shaun T mentioned that he's nervous for the workout, then I remembered. It's the dvd with no breaks. Cardio straight through. It went great. I didn't have to take as many breaks as the first time and I was able to go longer. My HR was at 160. I'm assuming my heart is adjusting to working out.

Well look at that, I did the wrong dvd. Apparently Day 8 is supposed to be Cardio Power and Resistance. Whoops.

Oh well, I got a workout out of it. Also afterwards, I had some left over energy so I went for a quick 10 min (1.5km) jog around my neighbourhood.

I'm kinda embarrassed to confess that my workout today was fueled by a small Wendy's Chilli. Was out running errands and bf want to stop there for lunch. But that combined with my usual fruit/veggie smooth breakfast gave me enough energy to sustain my workout. Now, post workout, I'm eating a concoction of mapo tofu dish, spinach, tomato, a bun and Laughing Cow cheese.

Insanity describes that you can burn up to 1000 calories doing these workouts. Not sure how much I'm burning. I'm not losing weight. But I'm suspecting I'm losing some fat and replacing it with muscle. Or so I'd like to think.

Yesterday was another off day because I was out. I tried doing the elliptical at night but got kicked off for being too noisy. I did my usual yoga by Sadie Nardini but still felt restless. Found this yoga video to complement it. I loove the stretch at the end but I don't know where the rest of the video is.



No comments:

Post a Comment