Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 6 Insanity Workout

Last night, instead of my usual ice cream or peanuts snack, I ate a bigger snack. It consisted of Greek yogurt, granola, raisins, blueberries, and banana. That was around midnight. My sleeping patterns are erratic where I go to sleep at 3am and wake up around 11 or 12.

When I woke up the next day (which was actually noon), I figured the snack from the night before would tide me over for the workout. A part of me was thinking, that was 12 hours ago, but I abandoned that thought. Day 6, is the same as Day 2 which was plyometric cardio circuit. This is the one that took me over an hr to do because I took so many breaks. I started the warm up which was all right. I got a cramp again. Not sure why they keeps happening. Afterwards, Shaun T. suggested checking the HR prior to stretching. When I count my pulse, I do it for 15 secs then multiply for 4. In the first 10 secs, I counted 30. In the next 5 secs, my pulse dropped... by a lot. I counted only 3 beats and wondered what was going on, and then 95% of my vision went black. Luckily my bed was close by so I sat down and dropped my head between my knees and managed to save myself from fainting. Then I stopped the dvd and went to eat breakfast. Lesson learned.

For breakfast, I ate plain oatmeal with milk, raisins, and a spoon of brown sugar.

Okay attempt 2. I started from the very beginning. Didn't come close to fainting this time hah. I definitely have to say this is the hardest workout out of the 5 DVDs. My HR stayed elevated around 168-172. I took less breaks than day 2. Towards the end, I was struggling and didn't think I was doing much. But my HR was at 168 so is that working hard or hardly working? I like to think working hard. I pushed through & finished hooray!

A Vancouver gym wants to ban skinny people to make it more plus size friendly. This is the first time I heard about it but I'm pretty sure that's illegal based on discrimination.



No comments:

Post a Comment