Thursday, July 19, 2012

Insanity Day 1 & 2

I've officially started the Insanity workout.

I lost my tape measure (still annoyed. MIA for 4 days) so I don't have a baseline to begin with to see any improvements.

But here's my Insanity Fit Test results.

Switch Kicks (I think I counted these wrong): ~62
Power Jacks: 50
Power knees: 76
Power Jumps: 24
Global Jumps: 6
Suicide Jumps: 10
Push Up Jacks: 12
Low plank obliques: 45

Day 1: The Fit Test was rough. Squats and push ups were killer. I never do those.

Day 2: My arms, chest, and thighs were sore. I pushed through with pylometric cardio circuit. Even though the workout's 42 mins, it took me over an hour. It's a series of high intensity exercises (basketball squats, ski jumps, burpees, oblique lunges etc). Prior to that, the warmup is is exercise itself with jogging/sprinting in place, high kicks, butt kicks, jumping jacks etc. I took so many breaks. I was sweating like a beast. I was struggling so much. They were like jack rabbits on crack. I was so behind and had to keep pausing it so I could catch up. It was a bit sad but I pushed through it. By the end, I could barely get off the floor. That evening, I did my ab exercises as usual.

I took one day off after the past two days. I woke up with my entire body sore and stiff. Very very sore and stiff. I went for a walk and did yoga instead to ease up my muscles.

Here are a few helpful blogs:
The Grouch Potato- a story about a couch potato's experience with Insanity
Laura Must Lose Weight- a girl's story of how she changed her life. She also raves about Insanity

No comments:

Post a Comment