Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 4 Insanity Workout

I woke up this morning to my dog needing to go to the vet. I wasn't in a mood to workout. But the vet appointment's later in the afternoon so I might as well do it to keep myself distracted.

I read that Cardio Recovery had no cardio. Sounds easy peasy lemon squeezy. But it isn't. It's all about slow controlled movements. There were squats (why wouldn't there be?) and lunges. A lot involved just holding the position or pulsing up and down slowly. My legs were burning once again. There were lots of standing yoga poses I recognized like downward facing dogwarrior pose and warrior pose III. I really liked the triangular pose but in the dvd, the leg closest to the arm was bent at a 90 degree angle. I think having my legs straight would've eased up the tension on my shoulders. With some of the movements, I realized my ab exercises were finally paying off. My core strength helped to keep me balanced.  I sweated. It was a good strengthening workout.

I found my tape measurer. My bf was using it as a bookmark. Now I can see my results of working out for 5 weeks! My arms and calves got slightly bigger (1/4-1/2inch). I lost an inch on my waist and hips. Everywhere else stayed the same.  Exciting to see results of working out.

Anywhos, off to make my smoothie now.

No comments:

Post a Comment